This is a follow-up to last month’s post Vitamin B-12 – Are You Deficient? + Food Sources where we learned:
- what Vitamin B-12 is essential for
- how much B-12 you should consume daily
- signs of Vitamin B-12 deficiency and what deficiency can lead to
- how the Intrinsic Factor (IF) is essential to Vitamin B-12 absorption and what interferes with IF
- what else can cause B-12 deficiency
- what to do if you have low/poor IF
- who is at risk for B-12 deficiency
- what foods B-12 is found in
- and, finally, a brief word on supplements
Today I am expanding on my previously brief word on supplements.
We have already learned there are different forms of Vitamin B-12 including the least desirable cyanocobalamin as well as the preferred methylcobalamin (adenosylcobalamin is also acceptable).
This guide will list for you what brands contain which form(s) of Vitamin B-12 so you can be a better shopper. I will also include any other vitamins that may be included, as well as the “other ingredients” listed on the label. I will calculate for you the cost per serving as well as the cost per 1000 mcg. Finally, you will find a Top 10 Most Economical list where you can choose budget-friendly B-12. Continue reading