If you like to consume your veggies raw, this is a great salad for you.
The green beans were lightly steamed, but everything else is raw.
Next time, because I have young children, I’ll lightly steam the carrots, too.
Bursting with flavor, thanks to the lemon and sesame oil. I added the chia seeds for an extra dose of nutrition – chia seeds are high in Omega-3′s.
Sesame Chia Green Apple Salad
1. Trim ends off 1 cup fresh green beans and cut in thirds. Julienne 2 medium carrots. Place in medium saucepan with 2″ boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. When done, drain hot water, and cover with cold water and some ice. Set aside.
2. In medium-sized bowl add:
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2-3 slices red onion, finely chopped
3. Add the green beans and carrots and stir to mix.
4. In small bowl add:
5. Drizzle juice mixture over green apple mixture and stir to coat evenly.
My kids loved this! Enjoy!
Shared on: Mangia Monday, Mingle Monday, Monday Mania, Homestead Barn Hop, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays, My Meatless Mondays, Fat Tuesday, Ruth’s Real Food, Traditional Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Heart and Soul Hop, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Daily Organized Chaos, Real Food Wednesday, Women Living Well, Works for Me Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Green Resource Week, Fresh Bites Friday, Freaky Friday, Lunchbox Love, Frugal Friday, Fight Back Friday, Food Trip Friday, Friday Food, Foodie Friday, Foodie Friday #2, Summer Salad Sunday’s
|Lea Harris founded Nourishing Treasures in 2006. A mom passionate about her family's health and well-being, Lea believes education is power. Encouraging others to take baby steps in the right direction of health for their families, Lea's goal is to raise awareness of what goes into our mouths and on our bodies, providing natural alternative information that promotes health and prevents disease by using traditional foods and nature's medicine.|
Disclaimer: I use affiliate links wherever possible. So if you click on a link, and make a purchase, I might make a small commission, but it doesn't cost you any more.
No more sensitivity - receding gums reversing - cavity gone!